As PRI signatories, we are required annually to disclose our responsible investment process through a detailed reporting framework. The PRI was developed by the investment community in 2005, under the auspices of the United Nations. In becoming a signatory, PineBridge is committed to:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes
- Be an active owner and incorporate ESG issues into ownership policies and practices
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- Promote acceptance and implementation of PRI within the broader industry
- Enhance effectiveness in implementing the principles
- Report activities and progress toward implementing the PRI
For illustrative purposes only. PineBridge Investments has been a PRI signatory since 22 June 2015. For more information visit https://www.unpri.org/.
As a private, global asset manager focused on active, high-conviction investing, we seek to add alpha to client portfolios by applying a rigorous market-tested process across our investment platform.
We believe that ESG issues can create both opportunities and risks for our clients, and that ESG factors provide essential insights into the value and risk profile of each investment. We rely on analysis that seeks to identify the ESG factors that deliver the most alpha in our target investment universe as well as those that have adverse effects. By integrating ESG factors into our investment process, we can better fulfill our mission of partnering with clients to achieve their specific investment objectives.
We believe the most effective applications of PRI and ESG investing can differ materially across our diverse range of asset classes, geographies, sectors, and specific investments. As a result, each PineBridge investment team is responsible for integrating PRI and ESG factors into their investment process in the manner deemed most appropriate for their activities and specific investment opportunities.
Please see the PineBridge Global Statement of Policy Regarding Responsible Investment.