Cookies and How PineBridge Uses Them
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow PineBridge to recognize, measure and track visitors to the Website. This helps PineBridge improve and develop the way the Website works, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of the site that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on the Website are activated when visitors make a choice about their usage of the site. The Website then 'remembers' the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows PineBridge to tailor aspects of the site to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by PineBridge applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
- Advertising: Advertising cookies allow PineBridge (or third parties) to monitor the behavior of users of the Website. This information is used to ensure that products and services highlighted to those individuals are targeted in a focused and relevant manner - e.g. through advertisements on the Website or through advertisements on third party websites (e.g. Bloomberg, Agefi.com Handlesblatt.de, etc.) which are based on your experience with the Website; or to monitor the effectiveness of those digital marketing campaigns. PineBridge also monitors whether the adverts displayed on the Websites are of interest to users and retain this information to ensure that adverts seen by users of the Website over a period of time are appropriate.
PineBridge may use services that collect data remotely using web beacons or tags embedded in the Website content, including Google Analytics Cookies and LinkedIn Insight Tags to obtain an overall view of user habits and volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on our Website:
- Google will use the information its Cookies collect for the purpose of evaluating your use of a website on behalf of the website provider, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to activity and internet usage. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to the Website, including the URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics, and timestamp. This data is encrypted, the IP addresses are truncated, and members’ direct identifiers are removed within seven days in order to make the data pseudonymous. This remaining, pseudonymized data is then deleted within 90 days. LinkedIn does not share the personal data with the website owner, it only provides aggregated reports about the website audience and ad performance.
The data collected includes the operating system and browser being used, what areas are visited, and the duration of such visits. This information is anonymous and does not include your any personally identifiable information or contact information. The aggregated, anonymous data is shared between PineBridge companies and our third party vendor, Google Analytics to improve our site and respond to our visitor’s interests by providing more relevant information.
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. The links below take you to the Help sections of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies.
Google Analytics Cookies and LinkedIn Insight Tags offer additional options for managing cookies:
- You can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (Cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in.
- LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes through their account settings by changing the default settings.